Friday, May 17, 2013

The clueless rider

I am on the wrong side of twenties and I have a dream. I dream to travel. Travel on a motorcycle - far and wide. But if you ask me why I want to travel, I have no answers. Travel for me is the like the girl you are in love with. The mere sight of her brings in a range of emotions that feels wonderful but can't be really explained. But travel is different also. I mean if you ever express your love to a woman, you are suddenly relegated to the friend zone. Traveling does not have such a caveat. So nothing really to stop you from traveling. And if you don't have a job, the best thing is to travel.

So yes I am riding. But then I am clueless as to what to do. I really need to pass time for the next 6 to 7 months. Hence the need for a plan. So I plan to pass through the capital city of every state in India. This gives me a direction and I could use big words like national integration on gullible people I happen to meet. Also some shit about national integration could give me an edge in the race for Bharat Ratna if I am ever in contention for that. I even have a speech ready.

Anyway, I planned to start the trip yesterday but procrastination comes naturally to me. So I'll probably start the trip on Sunday. Maybe Monday who knows. But then that is the whole point of the journey. I am not going to stick to any deadlines and I decide how, when and what to do. I won't be answerable to anyone. Honestly if I was allowed to do all this in  my office, I wouldn't be doing this trip. But then you know managers are a bit touchy on these things. So I have to go on this trip. I have realized something and its a very important lesson in life -  "If procrastination is your only aim, try to make it look cool".

So here's my tentative route.

Bangalore -> Panjim -> Mumbai -> Gandhinagar -> Jaipur -> Delhi - > Chandigarh -> Jammu -> Srinagar -> Leh -> Shimla -> Dehradun -> Lucknow -> Patna -> Katmandu -> Gangtok -> Bhutan (if possible) - > Dispur -> Itanagar -> Kohima -> Imphal -> Aizwal -> Agartala -> Shillong -> Kolkatta -> Ranchi -> Bhubaneshwar -> Raipur -> Bhopal ->Hyderabad -> Chennai -> Kanyakumari -> Trivandrum -> Cochin.

And the places in between or places out of the way also whenever I am in the mood. I might change the order but the above mentioned places are something I intend to pass through. I would love to share my experiences and other stupid stuff I would do on the way with you guys. Here's the link to my fb page. I would be grateful for your support, likes and shares

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Clueless-Rider/101961743344289

When I am passing by your city your company would be very much appreciated. I am traveling alone and would love anyone who cares to listen to my stories. With liberal doses of alcohol I can get very creative with my stories - trust me.

And finally I really need to express my gratitude to friends who ensured that I do not let go of the plan. These are people I have irritated the hell out of but still they helped me. Also to parents so cool, who instead of clobbering me to death agreed to the idea and now seem quite excited about it.

But most importantly to that son of a bitch who rejected my job application. Ahh, I could have just worked peacefully had I got that job. Sigh :)





27 comments:

  1. Cool plan George...you are welcome in Kolkata..would be gr8 to hear your stories when you are here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Kolkatta would be smwhr ard September only I guess. will let you know.. :)

      Delete
  2. best of luck dude....mumbai jab pahunche toh let me know....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. will definitely let you know.. :)

      Delete
  3. let me know wen u reach Mumbai...will roll along again for some time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for sure.. I'll most probably reach next weekend.. will let you know.. :)

      Delete
  4. kya jaaarje chhap blog hai yeah !!! hahahaha !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bhubaneswar is my city and do meet me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sahi.. i needed someone in Bhubaneshwar.. It will be September types I guess.. I'll meet you then..

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me when in Gangtok..Bhutan is definitely possible...n if you can, take left from Hyderabad to Vizag !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gangtok will be july end aug tak i suppose.. and yes vizag is in my plans..

      Delete
  8. dream bigger and i will be waiting for you with garam chai :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to say, let us know when you come to bangalore, only to see that you are starting from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best ;BHOPAL is waiting for you ,BRAVA

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's too cool George!!!! Best of luck for your endeavor.Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude,i liked your idea.travel to the UT's also
    The industrial towns of Silvassa and Daman,and pondicherry ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silvassa and Daman are covered. And Pondicherry is also in plans.Apart from Andamans and Lakshwadeep all other UT's are being covered :)

      Delete
  13. Do it George, The whole trip. You'll never regret it.
    Cheers n Ride on.
    Chandu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last line. Awesomeness. Wish I had seen this when I was in Delhi. Would have defintely bought you a beer :D

    ReplyDelete